Allen L. Hammer, Ph.D., is an author, consultant and researcher. He works with Manfredo Curtis Associates to provide consulting and coaching for organizations on leadership, team development, organizational change and career development.
Dr. Hammer received a bachelor's degree in Administration and Management Science from Carnegie-Mellon University, a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from Michigan State University and completed a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in Computer Applications in Mental Health at the Missouri Institute of Psychiatry. He is a winner of two Isabel Briggs Myers Research Awards for his research on couples and on the MBTI Step III and is also winner of the APTi Innovation award. He is a former editor of the Bulletin of Psychological Type and served on the editorial board of the Journal of Psychological Type for two decades. He also served as a director of the Myers-Briggs Foundation.
Previously he worked at Consulting Psychologists Press from 1986 to 1998 where he held a number of positions including Director of Product Development, Director of Research, and Editor in Chief.
Dr. Hammer is author or co-author of the:
- Coping Resources Inventory
- Coping Resources Inventory Manual
- MBTI Complete
- MBTI Workstyles Report
- MBTI Snapshots
- Introduction to Type and Careers
- MBTI Career Report
- MBTI Team Report
- Introduction to Type in College
- MBTI Relationship Report
- MBTI Manual for Form M
- MBTI Step II Manual
- MBTI Step III Manual
- MBTI Step III Professional Desk Reference
- Strong and MBTI Combined Career Report
- Strong and MBTI Entrepreneur Report
- Introduction to the FIRO-B in Organizations
- FIRO-B Interpretive Report for Organizations
- FIRO-B Technical Guide
- Career Enrichment Report for the Strong Interest Inventory
- Strong Professional Report
- Strong Interest Inventory Manual
- He also edited MBTI Applications: A Decade of Research on the MBTI
Contact Info for Dr. Hammer:
FIRO-B is a trademark or registered trademark of CPP, Inc., in the United States and other countries.
MBTI is a trademark or registered trademark of The Myers & Briggs Foundation in the United States and other countries.
Strong Interest Inventory is a trademark or registered trademark of CPP, Inc., in the United States and other countries.